Microphone and Speaker Tests
| Here are some methods of testing your microphone and speaker setup.
1. Verify your speakers are hooked up correctly.
2. Verify your speakers and microphone work for browser-based VRI calls.
- Close all browser windows and VRI Direct windows.
- If you're testing a headset, plug it in now, or make sure it's plugged in.
- Open a browser and visit https://test.webrtc.org/.
- Start the test by clicking the button found at the top of the page.
- If any of the tests fail, see our Troubleshooting Audio article.
- You may need to reboot your computer if you just plugged in your mic.
- You may need to set your operating system's microphone level to 50% to help prevent feedback or echo. Windows users: Go to Start > Control Panel > Sounds, then select the Recording tab, double-click your mic to access its properties, and then adjust the level from the "Levels" property tab. Mac users: Access similar controls from System Preferences > Sound
If the above tests work great but your VRI calls still don't use the microphone you expect, you can switch to your preferred mic during your VRI call:
- While in a VRI call, click the "Options" button on the Call Control Bar.
- Select "Settings".
- Select your preferred mic from the Microphone drop-down.
|Posted - Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 9:20 PM.
|Online URL: http://support.vridirect.com/article/microphone-and-speaker-tests-37.html
Powered by PHPKB Knowledge Base Software