Troubleshooting Webcam Issues
If your webcam is not initializing, please follow these steps:
First, confirm that your webcam is not in use by another application.
Perhaps the webcam software is open in another window. This is normally apparent because the webcam light will be on.
If the webcam light is not on, or if you have dual webcams and the wrong webcam is activated, Chrome and VRI Direct Desktop users please follow these steps:
- Log into VRI Direct, then press CTRL-T (Windows) or CMD-T (Mac) to open a new window.
- In the new window, click the settings button in the top right of the browser. This is the button with the 3 horizontal lines.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to "Show Advanced Settings”.
- Select "Content Settings” under the Privacy.
- Scroll down to "Media”.
- Confirm that the proper camera is selected.
- Save and close the Settings pop-up.
- Close all VRI Direct and browser windows, then reopen VRI Direct and place a test call.
Place a test call, then, if you are unable to see yourself, follow these steps (also applies to Firefox and Internet Explorer users):
- While in a call, click the Settings button (three horizontal bars next to the red Hangup button) on the Call Control Bar.
- Select settings.
- Confirm the proper webcam is selected. If you must change it, do so, and then click close on the settings box.
- If the proper webcam still is not enabled, try refreshing the connection by pressing F5 (Windows) or CMD-R (Mac).
If the webcam still is unresponsive, please contact VRI Direct (email@example.com).
Article ID: 85
Created On: Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 1:16 PM
Last Updated On: Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 2:11 PM
Online URL: http://support.vridirect.com/article/troubleshooting-webcam-issues-85.html