iOS App Release Announcements
VRO Direct Mobile 1.8 for iOS Released
Tuesday, May 9, 2017—We released version 1.8 of our iOS app. This version contains the following changes:
- Fixed a network connection issue that prevented some calls from connecting after the call request was made;
- Added a "search expiration timer" to the search results page to require users to resubmit their searches after 5 minutes;
- Improved the Search form by preventing the custom fields values from remaining on the form from previous searches.
All users should update their app from the App Store as soon as possible to improve the call request experience.
VRI Direct Mobile 1.7 for iOS Released
Wednesday, April 6, 2017—We released version 1.7 of our iOS app. The version contains the following changes:
- Chat is temporarily disabled. Look for chat to reappear later in the month;
- Call Summary page layout is readable;
- Improved call connectivity;
- Improved video quality;
- Added app version number at the bottom of the left slide-in pane.
This app is a mandatory update for all users. You will not connect to video calls without first updating.
VRI Direct Mobile for iOS 1.6 Released
Wednesday, June 29, 2016—We've released version 1.6 of VRI Direct Mobile for iOS. This version contains the following changes:
- Improved service reconnect after device wake event. This situation may have been contributing to failed call attempts reported in version 1.5;
- Reset all custom fields after each successful call;
- Fixed app crashes under certain conditions.
Please upgrade through the App Store as soon as possible.
VRI Direct Mobile for iOS 1.5 Released
Tuesday, March 29, 2016 — We've released version 1.5 of VRI Direct Mobile for iOS. This version fixes call connection issues previously reported in version 1.3.
Please upgrade to the latest version through the App Store as soon as possible.
VRI Direct Mobile for iOS 1.3 Released
Friday, March 18, 2016 — We've released version 1.3 of VRI Direct Mobile for iOS. This version brings performance and network improvements, and contains the following changes:
- Much improved call request reliability -- previously, callers would sometimes have a call request time out for network technical reasons.
- Third custom field added to the search form.
Please upgrade to version 1.3 through the App Store as soon as possible.
VRI Direct Mobile for iOS 1.2 Released; Full Support for iOS 9
Friday, October 16, 2015 —We've released version 1.2 of VRI Direct Mobile for iOS. This version brings several performance and network improvements, and contains the following changes:
- iOS 9 full support;
- Search form enforces required and optional fields;
- Improved keyboard interaction on search forms;
- Improved network reconnect after screen timeout or sleep/wake cycle (fixes previous problems with app allowing call attempts while still reconnecting to the network);
- Search results are now cleared automatically if the device goes to sleep for more than 30 seconds;
- "Call First Available" button has been removed from the Search Results view. Please select individual interpreters to call.
Please upgrade to version 1.2 through the App Store as soon as possible.
Workaround for failed call requests and "Reconnecting..." issue in VRI Direct Mobile for iOS 1.1
(NOTE: This is resolved in VRI Direct Mobile 1.2)
Friday, May 22, 2015
—We have confirmed an issue with VRI Direct Mobile for iOS version 1.1 where the app can get stuck in reconnecting mode after the iOS device wakes up from hibernation. The user will see "Reconnecting..."
at the top of the iOS device's screen. This causes call requests to fail to connect to agents.
The common scenario is a user who logs in to VRI Direct Mobile on an iPad, then closes the cover, then reopens the cover a while later and continues his or her VRI Direct Mobile session. The user then sees "Reconnecting..." at the top of the VRI Direct Mobile app. When the app is stuck reconnecting the session, all Search functionality works but calls fail to connect. The caller will try a search, see that the search worked just fine, and then try to place a call, which then rings forever. To the caller, it looks like agents are missing their calls.
To work around the issue, app users must go back to their Dashboard page:
- Tap the "Options" button at the top right of the VRI Direct Mobile app;
- Tap "Dashboard". The user should now see that the message "Reconnecting..." has changed to "Online". This restores call functionality.
Callers should only try to place calls when the app shows "Online" at the top of the screen.
We will include a fix for this issue in our next iOS app release.
VRI Direct Mobile for iOS 1.1 Released
Tuesday, March 31, 2015—
We’ve released version 1.1 of VRI Direct Mobile for iOS. This version is a maintenance release that improves the call setup process:
- When the caller cancels a call, the agent won’t get an error message;
- On a "Ring Everyone" call, callers won't get stuck waiting for agents to answer, and agents who don’t answer the call won’t continue to hear the ringer and won’t get stuck in the "incoming call" state.
If you’re on an older version of the app, please install this version as soon as possible.
Announcing VRI Direct Mobile for iOS
Thursday, January 22, 2015—
We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of VRI Direct Mobile for iOS in Apple’s App Store!
VRI Direct Mobile allows users to place or receive calls directly from their iPads and iPhones. There is no cost to download and install the app. An active VRI Direct account is required to use the app.
If you’ve previously installed our beta app, please uninstall it before installing our official app.
Article ID: 87
Created On: Wed, May 13, 2015 at 10:18 PM
Last Updated On: Tue, May 9, 2017 at 8:14 PM
Online URL: http://support.vridirect.com/article/ios-app-release-announcements-87.html