Create a VRI Direct desktop shortcut for Google Chrome
After installing Google Chrome (https://www.google.com/chrome), you can configure Chrome to start up on the VRI Direct login page, running in a sandboxed kiosk mode. In this mode, Chrome will not interfere with any of your standard or customized Chrome settings, and any cookies and local storage are boxed away in a location separate from the typical location. You configure this by setting up a VRI Direct desktop shortcut.
To make this VRI Direct desktop shortcut:
- Find a Google Chrome desktop shortcut, right-click on it and select "Send To -> Desktop (create shortcut)" -- this creates a new desktop icon that we will customize
- Right-click on your new shortcut and select "Properties"
- Select the General tab
- Next to the icon image is the name of the shortcut. Enter a new name of your choosing, such as "VRI Direct" (no quotation marks)
- Select the Shortcut tab
- In the "Target" field, you will append a set of configuration values. Place your cursor anywhere in the field, use your mouse to move the cursor all the way to the end of whatever's in that field, type a space, and then add the following (should be all on one line):
--app=https://vridirect.com/login --user-data-dir="%APPDATA%\VRI\vridirect\Profile" --disable-extensions --disable-dev-tools --kiosk
- Click OK to close the Properties window
- Double-click your new desktop icon and verify that it opens the VRI Direct website. Place a test call and watch for Chrome to prompt you to "Allow access to your webcam and microphone".
Article ID: 92
Created On: Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 2:04 AM
Last Updated On: Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 11:20 AM
Online URL: http://support.vridirect.com/article/create-a-vri-direct-desktop-shortcut-for-google-chrome-92.html