Select your microphone and speakers from your browser
Google Chrome 52 and higher:
- If you are in a VRI call, please exit the call.
- Press CTRL-T (or CMD-T on a Mac) to open a new browser tab.
- At the top right of the browser, click the "Customize and Control Chrome" Options button (looks like three dots or three dashes)
- Click Settings, scroll to the bottom and click "Show advanced settings..."
- Under Privacy, click "Content settings..."
- Scroll down to the Microphone and Camera sections and use the drop-downs to choose your preferred mic and webcam. Under each section, make sure "Ask when a site requires access to your microphone (recommended)" is checked
- Click "Done"
- Close all browser windows and VRI Direct apps
- Reopen a browser, log in to VRI Direct, and place a call to check your settings.
- While in a VRI call, click the gray camera icon in the address bar at the top of the browser. This pops down a box to control which webcam and mic you use and whether you can share them with the website
- Select your preferred mic and webcam
- Make sure the drop-down for sharing says "Share Selected Devices"
- Click the X at the top of the window to close the box
- Close Firefox, then reopen, log back in to VRI Direct, and place a call to check your settings.
Article ID: 93
Created On: Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 4:49 AM
Last Updated On: Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 4:49 AM
Online URL: http://support.vridirect.com/article/select-your-microphone-and-speakers-from-your-browser-93.html